Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Sneak Peek of a New Song in Progress



As my walk always reflects the music that Spirit gives it has been put on my heart to write about the Narrow Road. This was a joint effort put together by Netty and myself. She wrote the verses and I tweaked and changed the wording to a few of the verses so they will flow into a song. I was given the words to the chorus.
 

I carry this baggage of fleshly sorrow
a warring of carnal desires
yet by His grace His Spirit guides me
through fiery trials such faith requires

 

Fear and cares creep in to trap me, 
where sin and doubt seek to intrude
At times I feel I can't go on, will I fail Him?
till these vain imaginings are taken captive to His truth

(Chorus)
 

It's a long, long, hard road. I get weary from all this heavy load. Lord, Lord You say, "  drop it all at my feet, I am your strength and a shade from the HEAT."  Oh the battle, battles gettin mean and fierce. Your wounded child despised and mocked, my heart is pierced. I fall down, down bloody on this rocky ground. This Way so lonely, but in You i'm heaven bound.

Along the narrow way I stumble,
finding the turf so sharp and rough
no one can take this journey for me
tis mine alone, as I scale the bluff

One step at a time maintaining balance,
focused ahead as I see the prize
eternal treasures await my arrival
where in His Presence, He'll wipe every tear from my eyes


(Chorus)
 

It's a long, long, hard road. I get weary from all this heavy load. Lord, Lord, You say, "  drop, it all at my feet, I am your strength and a shade from the HEAT."  Oh the battle, battles gettin mean and fierce. Your wounded child despised and mocked, my heart is pierced. I fall down, down bloody on this rocky ground. This road so lonely, but in You i'm heaven bound.



.........stay tuned for the melody to come by Spirits leading.


 

While we are on the subject of the narrow road, I wonder if there will be a can or two of beans waiting for me along the Way?

http://besanctified.blogspot.com/2011/03/price-of-can-of-beans.html    ...... leave a can of beans on this dusty trail, will ya?

<3

Linda @->-- 

~ CLICK ON LOGO ~