Saturday, January 29, 2011

Against A Thorn





It's been a while since I have written a blog. Between home schooling my daughter and facebook EATING my time, I haven't been able to get it together. Facebook is like a VORTEX that has it's way of pulling you into it's abyss. The reason I went BACK to facebook was to have a Spiritsong band page, but I somehow got derailed into having a personal account. The whole experience was nightmarish. I was trying to see if I could keep my band page without my personal one and it was impossible. I spent days trying to figure it out to no avail. I was going to delete the whole thing, but Spirit spoke to me and said to stay connected for a short time. I FOUGHT IT, believe me. I SAID NO, I HATE FACEBOOK! I can be such a rebel, but Abba never gives up on me. He KNOWS that I will give in if He presses me hard enough. I am glad I stuck it out because there were some connections Spirit wanted me to have with a few people, that wouldn't have happened if I wasn't on facebook.When I got the go ahead to pull out, I got help from my sweet Netty Daniel to pretty much lock out everything except my tagged photos on my personal account so the emphasis is now directed to my fb band page.

After getting that done I had the words to a song from my last blog where the writer of those words were not shown. I KNEW after reading those words that Spirit wanted me to take those words and put music to it. About 3 days ago in the morning before my daughter and I started with her academics I went in the back room with my guitar to pray. As I sat down I heard Spirit say, print out a copy of that song and bring it in the back room. Well I did just that. With the song sitting there on the couch and guitar in hand, I IMMEDIATELY got the music. The whole song in less than five mins. I wanted to take this song and see if i could add some loops to it with the acid studio Zeph sent me along with the Shure 58a mic and audio interface. The interface allows me to plug in the mic, and has a guitar in plug as well for recording. I spent HOURS trying to sync the guitar with the metronome, but with the playback there was always a delay. No matter how precise I timed it, the same thing happened. After spending 3 hours of this I KNEW it was time to walk away before I got too discouraged.

The next day when my husband took Daniella with him fishing, I decided to use the rhythm and drum track to keep my guitar playing ion sync. After the amount of time I spent playing the guitar last night when I played it the next morning to record through my mic onto my zoom recorder, my fingers were in in PAIN. I prayed Abba would help me get through one good take before having to stop from the pain of my fingers pressing against my 12 string ovation. After a few takes, IT SEEMED I had it nailed, so I did the vocal tracks from there. When it was complete I recorded it on to my audacity and then had a time trying to figure out how to get what I recorded and saved as a file onto my acid. Well after umpteen attempts I just took the paint brush across the track and there it was, LOL!

It sounded ok when I played it, but then noticed some delays through out when I tried to add some loops. That is when it was noticeable. No matter what loops I tried to put in there, I got a delay. So here I thought I had a good take using the rhythm track from my zoom recorder, but then found the delay in acid. So I decided that I would put the song up as is that I have always been accustomed to doing with the music of Spiritsong. The whole studio methodical mechanical way to get the guitar in sync just didn't happen. I am not saying in the future it can't, but my whole life singing and playing with my guitar without having to sync with anything except Spirit and my heart has always been the way I have done it. I have always been a live performance recorder. It will take quite some time to learn the balance of both. With all that said I will put up the song on the player below. I am also going to have it up on my Reverbnation player as well.

This song is very special in that the words and feel to it brings the hope and comfort that comes with the pain and suffering we go through in relation to what YESHUA suffered for us that we might have LIFE, Eternal life beyond this SHORT lived life here on this earthly plain. As the saying goes, NO PAIN NO GAIN. Yehshua learned OBEDIENCE through all He suffered. IN the last part of His suffering gives hope to all His children who suffer in this world. A lot of that suffering has much to do with the fact that we are HIS and satan hates Yahweh, Yeshua and those belonging to Him. Some much more than others. :( Why that is remains a mystery, but for those of you who feel the HEAVY weight of pain and suffering you are in the midst of right now, or getting ready to enter into. HOLD ON! He who endures to the end will be saved. He WILL NOT leave or forsake you even though you feel He has. When EVERYTHING is pulled out from underneath you, HE will still make a WAY where there seems to me NO way. My prayer is that the Lord's people will be sensitive to the Bodies needs, along with those who are homeless, your neighbors, your enemies, and however Abba desires to use you for His glory. Do NOT let your heart grow cold to the needs of your brothers and sisters around you. I know many of us don't have much but what little each of us can give to another brother and sister in need HELPS and shows the world that we are HIS by our love ONE for another.

I pray my conclusion to a classic song called, Where have all the flowers gone doesn't end up like this~

"
Where have all the Christians gone, long time passing, where have all the Christians gone long time ago, where have all the Christians gone they lack the compassion of Yeshua God's precious Son. When will we ever learn, when will we ever learn."

(Make sure you click pause to the mixpod player on the upper right hand corner.)

I will put the words of the song below the player.

Yahweh bless you who venture to read these blogs, Agape love and GODSPEED in Yeshua!
Linda @->--






Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Once I heard a song of sweetness,
As it cleft the morning air,
Sounding in its blest completeness,
Like a tender, pleading prayer;
And I sought to find the singer,
Whence the wondrous song was borne,
And I found a bird, sore wounded,
Pinioned by a cruel thorn.

I have seen a soul in sadness,
While its wings with pain were furl'd,
Giving hope, and cheer and gladness
That should bless a weeping world;
And I knew that life of sweetness,
Was of pain and sorrow borne,
And a stricken soul was singing,
With its heart against a thorn.

Ye are told of One who loved you,
Of a Savior crucified,
Ye are told of nails that pinioned,
And a spear that pierced His side;
Ye are told of cruel scourging,
Of a Savior bearing scorn,
And He died for your salvation,
With His brow against a thorn.

Ye "are not above the Master."
Will you breathe a sweet refrain?
And His grace will be sufficient,
When your heart is pierced with pain.
Will you live to bless His loved ones,
Tho' your life be bruised and torn,
Like the bird that sang so sweetly,
With its heart against a thorn?
Annonymous

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this blog Linda and the beautiful song. It brings to my heart a quote by Amy Carmichael "You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving." Hearts have waxed so cold. They blame it on the economy and state of the end days. But the disciples were loving and giving of themselves while being persecuted and denying their flesh. Excuses are just that...love never fails. It never fails GOD and it never fails our brethren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came back to read the blog one more time. These words grabbed hold of my heart . . . "HOLD ON! He who endures to the end will be saved. He WILL NOT leave or forsake you even though you feel He has. When EVERYTHING is pulled out from underneath you, HE will still make a WAY where there seems to me NO way." I needed to hear that once again. Love you! Netty

    ReplyDelete
  3. great poem..
    great job Linda on perservering as you are learning your new equipment.. prayers for the sore fingers too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this new song, Against a Thorn. Been listening for about the last hour to your Reverbnation player. Very soothing right now. Keep up with your music. Such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU SO MUCH Linda L for your very kind and encouraging words. I am thinking I might possibly do another live recording of this song with my guitar accompanying me this time without recording it on a separate track. Our good friend Shawn let me borrow his 6 string guild acoustic guitar for a while. He then needed it back when he started playing with a couple guys locally in our town. The band just recently broke up because of trust issues.

    I would LOVE to record this song using that guitar when I get it. It has a much deeper tone then my 12 string ovation.

    I am Not going to let anything get in the way of recording when Spirit gives me the Words from eternity while I am still here in this physical body, lol.

    Agape and shalom!

    Linda @->--

    ReplyDelete

If you desire to leave a comment on any of the blogs you read, then do so with decency, honesty and respect. All comments will need to be approved, before they are posted.

Thank you : ) Linda Rose ~ Spiritsong


~ CLICK ON LOGO ~