Friday, May 13, 2011

Psalms 29 and 30



This morning I was led to read Psalms 29 and 30.
 

Let me start with Psalm 29
 
Give unto the LORD, O ye mighty, give unto the LORD glory and strength.
Give unto the LORD the glory due unto His name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
The voice of the LORD is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the LORD is upon many waters.
The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is full of majesty.
The voice of the LORD breaketh the cedars; yea, the LORD breaketh the cedars of Lebanon.
He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.
The voice of the LORD divideth the flames of fire.
The voice of the LORD shaketh the wilderness; the LORD shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh.
The voice of the LORD maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth the forests: and in His temple doth every one speak of his glory.
The LORD sitteth upon the flood; yea, the LORD sitteth King for ever.
The LORD will give strength unto His people; the LORD will bless His people with peace.
 
I have read Psalm 29 before, but THE VOICE OF THE LORD never stuck out quite like it did this morning when I read it. When Abba thus speaks, nothing can STOP or thwart what HE WILLS by HIS VOICE! Whether it be the declaration of His Word speaking to you and me at a time when we need it most. When He speaks within that place where He abides in His called out ones. When it comes through as a confirmation in another brother or sister in Christ, and His VOICE of power, authority and victory over our unseen enemies. It's evident that His Voice is declared throughout all His creation that one who is of a SOUND and SOBER mind KNOWS just how Real, Mighty and Awesome our Creator is and that NOTHING is impossible with Abba Father to them that believe!
 
With the surmounting trials and difficulties we are individually called to endure, it CANNOT be denied such a VOICE of POWER and AUTHORITY Abba so desires that we KNOW beyond a shadow of doubt.  To rise above the heavy weight of the constant crushing we go through to subdue our wretched flesh that wants to make sense of it all. In all honesty, we do not want to suffer nor is it our desire to watch those we love suffer either. BUT SUFFER WE MUST! What we suffer most is when our flesh tries with the greatest effort and resistance to keep from dying daily while yielding to the Living Divine Nature of Abba Father He wills that we become partakers of.
 
The more we let go and surrender to this process, the more He is able to bring us into His perfection and holiness. Oh that it would be a ONE time death blow to our sinful nature, but SELF is the hardest and most resistant to let go of and die to in our day to day existence. Thus we hear our Savior Jesus Christ tell us in His word that in order for us to follow Him we must, " pick up our cross, DIE TO SELF (DIE DAILY) and follow Him." 

Greater is HE in us then the darkness, evil, trials, difficulties, accusations and all that defies His Divine unchanging Nature in this world.  We are called to embrace these sufferings so that HIS PATIENCE can be worked in us to maturity and completeness, lacking NOTHING in Him. 

There is a big difference in embracing our sufferings and allowing such sufferings to bring us to a place of despair and hopelessness. Those who embrace it count it all JOY when suffering for righteousness sake. The focus becomes one of keeping our eyes on Jesus who delivers us out of ALL our troubles. To focus on His Power, Might and Greatness in the midst of our suffering. The other is making the suffering and trials bigger than Abba Father. This is what brings us to that place of despair. To loose ones Way in Him. Now I am just getting this as I hear the Holy Spirit saying, "Whatever becomes bigger or what you put your focus on above Abba Father in Jesus, then it becomes an IDOL ." Wow, you mean suffering can be an idol in ones life? YES! If you put the suffering above,  " Greater is He in You," then YES it does become an idol.
 
Get your eyes off your troubles, difficulties, woes and sufferings  and look to Yeshua Jesus who is able to complete the good work He began in you when you heard the Holy Spirits call to follow Christ. I don't say this to minimize what you going through. It is meant to encourage and by Abba's VOICE and declaration show you where your focus needs to be and how much GREATER He is far above your every trial, your many tears,and all the pain and suffering you are called to endure with Him until you are absent from the body and present with the Lord Most High.
 
Phil 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Matthew 11:28-30
 
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Now onto Ps 30

 I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness. For His anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.  And in my prosperity (security)  I said, I shall never be moved. LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face,
and I was troubled. I cried to thee, O LORD; and unto the LORD I made supplication. What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? Shall it declare thy truth? Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper. Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give  thanks unto thee for ever.
 
After my time in prayer and receiving these two Psalms, I was led to read Charles Spurgeon's devotion for this morning. I want to share it with you. It is a confirmation of this word to bring encouragement, comfort and hope to those of you who are led to read this blog. Before you read further please know and understand that the weeping due to our suffering which comes as a dark night of the soul, is not merely one night. It could be days, months and even YEARS of weeping through the most difficult of trials. But UNDERSTAND that ABBA KNOWS in HIS MERCY and conforming you and I into the image of His beloved Son just how long it is to last for a GREATER purpose that we cannot see or even understand as we are going through it.
 
A Devotional Series by Charles H. Spurgeon
Morning Devotion


Friday, May 13, 2011

"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning ." --Psalm 30:5

Christian! If thou art in a night of trial, think of the morrow; cheer up thy heart with the thought of the coming of thy Lord. Be patient, for

"Lo! He comes with clouds descending."

Be patient! The Husbandman waits until he reaps his harvest. Be patient; for you know who has said, "Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give to every man according as his work shall be." If you are never so wretched now, remember

"A few more rolling suns, at most,

Will land thee on fair Canaan's coast."

Thy head may be crowned with thorny troubles now, but it shall wear a starry crown ere long; thy hand may be filled with cares--it shall sweep the strings of the harp of heaven soon. Thy garments may be soiled with dust now; they shall be white by and by. Wait a little longer. Ah! how despicable our troubles and trials will seem when we look back upon them! Looking at them here in the prospect, they seem immense; but when we get to heaven we shall then

"With transporting joys recount,

The labours of our feet."

Our trials will then seem light and momentary afflictions. Let us go on boldly; if the night be never so dark, the morning cometh, which is more than they can say who are shut up in the darkness of hell. Do you know what it is thus to live on the future--to live on expectation--to antedate heaven? Happy believer, to have so sure, so comforting a hope. It may be all dark now, but it will soon be light; it may be all trial now, but it will soon be all happiness. What matters it though   "weeping may endure for a night ", when  " joy cometh in the morning? "



~ CLICK ON LOGO ~