Wednesday, February 23, 2011

In The World Of The Blind by Voo

* VISION (In The World Of The Blind)
      Category: Writing and Poetry




      Vision
      ( In The World Of The Blind)

      Peering through the darkness growing
      I saw the forms of men
      Running in the black winds blowing
      Their banners raised for sin.

      Rounding up the innocents
      Rallying the troops
      Separating goats and lambs
      To isolated groups.

      Whistle blowers silencing
      Preachers preaching truth
      Scandalized and smeared with lies
      Without an ounce of proof.

      I saw the evil rising
      To rooftops and to sky
      Spreading chaos through the land
      As the blind embraced the lie.

      Oceans full of grief and greed
      Sweeping out the earth
      Bringing death to young and old
      That never knew new birth.

      Bullets flying, children crying
      Blood running in the street
      While drug cartels, the spawn of hell
      Walked by on spotless feet.

      Politicians shaking hands
      Making dirty deals
      Bought and paid for in back rooms
      From power broker shills.

      Taking from the average Joe
      Taking from the salt
      Of earth, those good and godly folk
      Whose souls cannot be bought.

      And in the penthouses of the world
      Sipping cold champagne
      The idol makers strategized
      To give their puppets fame.

      (It's all about the wealth and gold
      It's all about the choice
      To let them tell you what to say
      While they use your voice.)

      I saw the wars on paper planned
      The calculated death
      The skies so full of chemicals
      You could hardly draw your breath.

      Marching to the hospitals
      Begging for the drugs
      I couldn't tell in that sick hell
      The housewives from the thugs.

      Plans and schemes and shattered dreams
      Lay scattered on the ground
      While hope went up in ashes
      And hopelessness came down.

      And men in thousand dollar suits
      Tore down the nations' borders
      And bowed before the entities
      From which they take their orders.

      I saw there in the Spirit's light
      The plan of old so clear
      I felt the cold breath on my neck
      The Devil stood so near.

      Like ants beneath his feet are men
      Disposable, obtuse
      He drains their souls, throws them away
      When there is no more use.

      I saw there in the darkness growing
      From sea to shining sea
      Demon and man work hand in hand
      And I know that they saw me.

      They saw me see the ancient Plan
      They saw me grasp their dream
      They saw me raise my righteous fist
      They saw me and they screamed.

      And in the dark a multitude
      Of lights blinked on and blazed
      The Army of the Lord awoke
      And their righteous fists were raised.

      I saw the enemy scatter then
      Like insects in the light
      The Devil's plan undone, unwon
      As the blind received their sight.

      by  Voo
      April 24, 2006 midnight

      (I do not know why God lifts up
      The veil to me sometimes
      Some days I beg Him to shut my eyes
      And let me, too, go blind
      I know there's others in the world
      That see the things I do
      But you can't go back to a life of lies
      Once you've seen the true)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Thatcould have been written from the very depths of my own heart. Thank you for posting! I love you sister. Netty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting this, Linda. I am honored. Voo

    ReplyDelete

If you desire to leave a comment on any of the blogs you read, then do so with decency, honesty and respect. All comments will need to be approved, before they are posted.

Thank you : ) Linda Rose ~ Spiritsong


~ CLICK ON LOGO ~