Monday, October 14, 2013

Brokenness


Luke 20:17-18

 17 But He looked at them and said, “What then is this that has been written, ‘The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief corner-stone’? 18 “Everyone who falls on that stone shall be broken, but on whomever it falls, he shall be pulverised.”

We often think of brokenness as the condition which we are left after the world has its way with us - that we come to Yeshua broken, asking Him to put us back together. After we have allowed the world to break us, we come to the Master with a pile of pieces that have been broken by human hands, hoping He can reform them.. But this is NOT the brokenness the Master desires for us.- in fact, He wants to be the One doing the breaking. When we allow Yeshua to break us, the pieces are formed by His Hands, and we cannot dictate the pattern with which we will be reconstructed.

We are all going to fall at sometime or another. So here is the question: When we fall, are we going to be on the stone or under it? When we fall, do we want our Yahweh Elohim to be able to pick us up again, or will we be completely annihilated? When we fall, are we falling on our knees to revere and worship, or are we falling from heights reached from our own self-exaltation?

Everyone will eventually fall because of Yeshua. Those who fall on the stone in humility - they will be broken to pieces and transformed into a vessel of honor.

(This is why when we read in Psalms what David wrote makes sense as to why Yahweh does not despise brokenness. Why? Because He is the One doing the breaking to bring us to repentance from all our pride and exalting self.  
Psalm 51:16-18 (AMP) 
16 For You delight not in sacrifice, or else would I give it; You find no pleasure in burnt offering.
17 My sacrifice [the sacrifice acceptable] to God is a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart [broken down with sorrow for sin and humbly and thoroughly penitent], such, O God, You will not despise.)
But those who erect themselves and reject the cornerstone - they, and their kingdoms will fall and become as dust.
What does it mean to become truly broken? Brokenness is being on your knees before Yah, even when it's start to get a little uncomfortable. Brokenness is spreading out your arms, exposing your heart, looking up toward heaven, and saying, "I'm avalable." Brokenness is standing naked and still in the midst of your circumstances while proclaiming, "Yeshua is my Shepherd, I do not lack..." 
Brokenness is praising Elohim, even when you don't feel like it. 
Through Him, therefore, let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge and confess and glorify His name.

Brokenness is hearing (listening closely) to the Holy Spirit...and not putting up a fight.

Abba Father, I have become rigid and dry; break me and change me into a holy vessel, worthy of Your service. Teach me right now what it means to be broken before You - before I fall under my own weight. I would rather be broken by You, than be whole in the world. Thank You Yahweh, that You are the Master Architect, and You see me now as I am suppose to be. Reshape me in Your image Yah - use me as You see fit. I love You and I trust You completely. In Yeshua's Name I ask these things. Your will be done!

Messianic Daily Devotional ~ Kevin Geoffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you desire to leave a comment on any of the blogs you read, then do so with decency, honesty and respect. All comments will need to be approved, before they are posted.

Thank you : ) Linda Rose ~ Spiritsong


~ CLICK ON LOGO ~