Thursday, June 16, 2011

ABBA BE PRAISED! (June 16 update)



Lots going on here since we are finally out of our rainy season and the weather is just right. I haven't put up any personal blogs in a while because nothing has opened up in that area. Unless I sense the strong urge and leading of the Holy Spirit to share something personal He has given, or a song, than I usually put up some deeper life classics from those older saints who have been tried and true in their calling.

Just recently my husband has committed to fully giving himself over to Abba Father in Yehshua and more quality time with the family. SO much has been happening lately with the way our marriage was heatedly going, along with the fervent prayers of petition being offered up on his behalf in earnest, has finally brought all of this to a head. 

His relationship with the Lord in the past was based only on emotions with no spiritual growth. He prayed daily, but too many strongholds and addictions had a hold on him and a true conversion needed to happen where he came to the end  of himself with no where to turn except to God alone. I have never seen him more helpless and trying to desperately get me to coddle his blubbering self pitiful weeping flesh. The Holy Spirit gave me the grace to pull back emotionally for  a number of days and let him completely fall. A godly sorrow leading to repentance was the work Abba brought my husband Bill to in this process of utter helplessness. To put the old man on the cross by faith. It is Nothing short of a miracle that Yahweh delivered him from the MANY years of drinking beer he could never put down along with some other addictive habits. 

When Bill finally cried out for the help, salvation and deliverance he needed, he agreed to talk with my brother Mike on the phone at least once a week. Mike was very instrumental in being used of Abba in this work the Holy Spirit has begun in Bill. He is also providing some spiritual guidance and counseling in these crucial baby steps he is now taking. We are spending more time in worship, prayer and reading Abba's Word together. 

The emotional abuses due to his addictions have also waned to where he is becoming much easier to live with. He still can get on edge, but when I point it out he is desirous and willing to turn it around. Praise Abba Most High! 

I have prayed for a long time for this to happen and for my husband to be the spiritual head of our home. I am beyond amazed and feel I need to be pinched now and then so I know this is REAL. I know it is, but it just seems so like another world. 

When you have been used to living under the conditions I have lived under and then to have it all begin to crumble and change, (though I am VERY thankful and appreciate of this work beyond words,) it can still be a little awkward. I also thank Abba for the heart and fervent prayers Mike and Netty have had for my Bill since the Holy Spirit brought us together several months back. I no longer call my husband Billy anymore (who was in so many ways like an angry and rebellious boy who never grew up) because he is now  becoming more the man of God Abba desires and wills for him to be.

Bill and I have been spending more time getting stuff that has needed to get done outside and inside the house. Father's grace, provisions and answers to prayer have helped accomplish all of this. The way it has been been before when I tried to ask for him to help with what I was unable to do myself around the house, put me on edge. I was extremely stressed which triggered more chronic pain in my body. I always regretted having to bring ANYTHING up without the over reacting back lash I got from it. 

He is even spending less time fishing and we are enjoying our times of working side by side and on our family outings when he is off from work. It doesn't mean our lives wont be more challenging with the spiritual battles of working out our salvation with fear and trembling, but we will be more together now in this good fight of faith rather than apart. 

My daughter has also noticed the changes. She said to her daddy yesterday when we told him how we have noticed a difference in his behavior. " Daddy I don't have to go off somewhere and hide when you get up to go to work." " Your much nicer. I like the way you are now." : )

Psalm 72:17-19


His name shall endure for ever: His name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in Him: all nations shall call Him blessed.
Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things.
And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with His glory; Amen, and Amen.
  
Psalm 118:22-24

The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
This is the LORD's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Isaiah 30:17-19


One thousand shall flee at the rebuke of one; at the rebuke of five shall ye flee: till ye be left as a beacon upon the top of a mountain, and as an ensign on an hill.
And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will He be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for Him.
For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: He will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when He shall hear it, He will answer thee.

Romans 4:7-8


Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.



~ CLICK ON LOGO ~