Saturday, November 6, 2010

Staircase From The Sky by Voo



 Staircase From The Sky



I'm tired of walking through this world
I want to take a rest
I want to stop and rest my head
Upon my savior's chest.

I'm tired of singing endless hymns
I want to praise the name
Stop playing church and packing pews
And playing churchy games.

I'm tired of being sick and tired
I long to be made whole
Sick of failing when I take
My eyes off of the goal.

I'm tired of hungering for the truth
And seeing only lies
Seeing darkness falling down
As light lays there and cries.

I'm tired of being isolated
From family and friends
So close there at the start of life
Such strangers at the end.

I'm tired of working day and night
Not making my ends meet
Passing life in midst of strife
And angels on the street.

I'm tired of being all alone
In a world of lonely hearts
Who look with fear as I draw near
Their eyes like icy darts.

I'm tired of trying to save the world
When it doesn't want to be saved
Wasting time, out of their minds
And hurrying to their graves.

I'm tired of praying ceaselessly
And seeing few results
I need to see some miracles
Less in and more out put.

I'm tired of being human
I want to be set free
I want to fly there in the sky
Be all I'm meant to be.

I'm tired, I'm tired, I'm really tired
This world has got me down
I'm raising my arms up to God
Still standing on the ground.

If I could find a staircase
That leads to Heaven's door
Then I would leave, no more to grieve
And the world'd see me no more.

I am so tired of being here
On this planet that I roam
I want to run on streets of gold
I want to hurry home.

I'm tired of walking in and out
Mud holes in which I'm mired
I want to rest my weary feet
Good Lord, because I'm tired.

If this is selfish, then let it be
You know my inner man
I will not lie or hide from you
I don't know how I can.

So drop a staircase from the sky
In midnight clouds or blue
I'll climb those stairs in record time
Lord, running up to you.

I'm tired of living without you
Existing in your grace
I need to feel your arms of love
I need  to see  your  face.

What's that? You say you are so tired?
Of living without me, too?
But Lord, you see me every day!
'Tis I, that can't see you!

Pardon me, what's that you said?
You're tired of the world?
You say you have a feast prepared
And carpets all unfurled?

Is that for me or everyone?
I want to understand
Oh, that's for me and everyone
Boy, girl, woman and man.......

Well, drop that staircase from the sky!
I'll tell them all to hurry
I'll tell them all about the feast
And Heaven, don't you worry!

Hellllooooo! I cry into the air
But people pass me by
They look at me like I'm a fool
And give the evil eye.

"Supper's ready!" I shout out loud
Our Daddy says 'Come home'
But they just rush on to and fro
And leave me there alone.

I'm tired of preaching to this world
Of blind eyes full of tears
They will not see what I can see
And they have deafened ears.

It hurts me so, fills me with woe
This world with cold hard soul
They settle for a gravel road
And spit on  streets of gold.

I am so tired, I say again......
Then my eyes behold the sight
Of a staircase dropping to the Earth
As the clock chimes out midnight.

And oh, my weary feet do run!
And my soul is filled with light
I take the stairs two at a time
As I disappear from sight.
 by Voo
November 5, 2010
finished at
11:11 p.m exactly

1 comment:

If you desire to leave a comment on any of the blogs you read, then do so with decency, honesty and respect. All comments will need to be approved, before they are posted.

Thank you : ) Linda Rose ~ Spiritsong


~ CLICK ON LOGO ~